18 November 2013

OOTD #11 & FOTD #5


Rainy college days make it hard to dress nice and keep warm. For some reason, maxi skirts are always associated with Summer which never made sense to me because I would absolutely melt if I had to wear a long skirt in the heat! For me, they're better suited for winter. They can be made warmer with a pair of tights underneath (which is what I did). This skirt, from Catch or alternatively NoPolka.com, is high-waisted so I paired it with this pale blue and pink jumper from Primark/Penneys. Tucking the jumper into the high waist means I retain the illusion of a waist and I am still kept warm. Perf! My shoes are plimsoll flatforms (plimsolls with a thick double sole) so that adds a bit of height and keeps the skirt looking casual. The ear cuff is a sale purchase from River Island that slots around your ear, perfect for anyone who doesn't have their ears pierced.

Jumper: Primark/Penneys, €11
Skirt: Catch/NoPolka.com,€12
Plimsoll Creepers: Barratts, €12
Shoulder Bag: Ebay, €19
Peace Necklace: Primark/Penneys, €2
Ear Cuff: River Island, €1.50

Aaaand now for my make up...
(The pic is from before I did my hair and got dressed!)

I find that sometimes eyeliner really irritates my eyes and makes them dry and itchy. As an alternative I've started using Blackout from Urban Decay's Naked2 palette. Today, I used Verve as a base all over the lid.  then blended that out with Suspect. I then did a cut crease using Snakebite, which again was blended out with Suspect. After all this I used an angled brush to pat Blackout along my lashes. I made a thick line which I then completely smudged with a smudge brush. I smudged it right out to each corner of my eye.

Face:  
Foundation: MAC Pro-Longwear Foundation NC15
Concealer: Catrice Camouflage Cream
Powder: Max Factor loose powder, translucent 
Blusher: from Benefit's "I'm Glam Therefore I Am"

Eyes:
Eyelids: Urban Decay Naked2 (Verve, Suspect, Snakebite, Blackout)
Eyebrows: Essence Brow Pencil, 02 brown
Lashes: Topshop Waterproof Mascara

Lips:
Lipstick: From an Inglot palette, dark berry shade (no name provided)



Illa J- Sounds Like Love

 Thanks for reading, don't forget to leave comments and links to your own OOTD's and FOTD's!



14 comments:

  1. Love naked 2 palette you look pretty. Keep in touch.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's just so versatile! Awh thank you ! I definitely will!

      Delete
  2. Such an amazing makeup! Thank you for stopping by!

    Come back soon to visit me on The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    Evi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! Anytime, I sure will :) x

      Delete
  3. Lovin' the outfit and makeup! Keep the good work going. XX
    www.neonchampagne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool look girl, love your accessories, and your jewelry is awesome!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, yeah jewellery can really make an outfit sometimes! x

      Delete
  5. I like your ear cuff!
    abby xo

    http://grungerocksmysocks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always get complimented on it, I should wear it more often haha x

      Delete
  6. The ear cuff is so cute and I like how you put blackout near your lashes for a semi smokey look! <3
    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! Yeah I'm not mad on a full on smokey look for the daytime so this was a nice alternative! x

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous look! Love the makeup :)

    http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

ƸӜƷ Thank you for all your feedback, each comment is appreciated ƸӜƷ